- "Another Padawan found a cave tunnel the Flesh Raiders use to enter this valley. I need you at that tunnel, making sure the Flesh Raiders don't get any more reinforcements through it."
- ―Derrin Weller sends the apprentice to the cave
A cave tunnel connected the Tythos Ridge of mountains and the region known as the Tythonian Gnarls to the north on the planet Tython. The northern end of the tunnel was located on the cliffs on the southern side of the Gnarls, and members of the Flesh Raider species had constructed several crude dwellings inside. During the conflict between the Jedi Order and the Flesh Raiders in 3643 BBY, the Dark Jedi Callef led an invasion force of Flesh Raiders through the cave against the Jedi outpost in the Gnarls, and the Flesh Raiders brought the captured Jedi Padawan Unaw Aharo to Callef in the cave. Before he could execute Aharo, Callef was killed in a duel with a young Jedi apprentice sent to seal the cave, and the Jedi Master Orgus Din collapsed the tunnel with the Force to prevent the Flesh Raiders from continuing their attack.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Gnarls cave first appeared in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a video game released by BioWare in 2011, as a class-restricted phase for the Jedi Knight class mission "Attack of the Flesh Raiders" on Tython.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Old Republic: Annihilation, and "The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom"—Star Wars Insider 137, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "Attack of the Flesh Raiders" on Tython