- "Another Padawan found a cave tunnel the Flesh Raiders use to enter this valley. I need you at that tunnel, making sure the Flesh Raiders don't get any more reinforcements through it."
- ―Derrin Weller sends the apprentice to the cave
A cave tunnel connected the Tythos Ridge of mountains and the region known as the Tythonian Gnarls to the north on the planet Tython. The northern end of the tunnel was located on the cliffs on the southern side of the Gnarls, and members of the Flesh Raider species had constructed several crude dwellings inside. During the conflict between the Jedi Order and the Flesh Raiders in 3643 BBY, the Dark Jedi Callef led an invasion force of Flesh Raiders through the cave against the Jedi outpost in the Gnarls, and the Flesh Raiders brought the captured Jedi Padawan Unaw Aharo to Callef in the cave. Before he could execute Aharo, Callef was killed in a duel with a young Jedi apprentice sent to seal the cave, and the Jedi Master Orgus Din collapsed the tunnel with the Force to prevent the Flesh Raiders from continuing their attack.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Gnarls cave first appeared in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a video game released by BioWare in 2011, as a class-restricted phase for the Jedi Knight class mission "Attack of the Flesh Raiders" on Tython.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. places
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "Attack of the Flesh Raiders" on Tython