Goggles were large spectacles equipped with special lenses and protective rims to prevent the eyes from injury.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Goggles were worn for many different reasons. They were often worn when performing dangerous jobs. They were also worn during different kinds of racing, such as podracing. Goggles were often worn in environments with intense snow or sand storms such as Hoth, Khorm, Rhen Var, Ilum, Geonosis, and Tatooine.
Kel Dor often wore goggles. Due to Dorin, their home planet, having a unique atmosphere composed of helium and a gas unique to their world, the Kel Dors were forced to wear an antiox breath mask and protective goggles whenever in atmospheres of a different composition. This equipment protected them from carbon dioxide, nitrogen, and oxygen, which were fatal to a Kel Dor.
Sun-goggles were a specialized type of goggles that featured polarized lenses to protect from glaring suns common on hot worlds, such as Tatooine. Members of the Enso species often wore such goggles to supplement the cooling properties of their coolth suits on hot worlds on hot worlds.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Platt's Starport Guide
- Flashpoint! Brak Sector
- The DarkStryder Campaign
- The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- "Smuggler's Log"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 11
- Mos Eisley Adventure Set
- Pirates & Privateers
- The Black Sands of Socorro
- Secrets of the Sisar Run
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Sebulba (★★)) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Sebulba (★★★★)) (Picture only)
- Enter the Unknown
- Suns of Fortune
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Goggles on Wikipedia