Gold was a metal colored metallic-yellow that was valued by sentient beings. Its value averaged ten to fifteen credits per gram. It was used to form the Hutt currency Peggats used in the Outer Rim Territories.
The bodies of the Maelibi seemed to be formed from molten gold.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The metal aurodium, which first appears in Rogue Planet, was presented as the Star Wars version of gold; however, gold has been identified simply as "gold" in other sources. It is uncertain whether gold is identical to aurodium. In the real world, "Au" is the chemical symbol for gold in the periodic table and a common prefix for gold-related words.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin
- Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters
- Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters, Second Edition
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- "A Free-Trader's Guide to the Planets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 10
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- Wretched Hives of Scum & Villainy
- Pirates & Privateers
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- Suns of Fortune
- Strongholds of Resistance
[edit | edit source]
- Gold on Wikipedia