- "And in all my years cookin', I ain't made a better tuile than one flavored with gold dust."
- ―Strono Tuggs, The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
Golden Lichen Tuile was a type of delicate yellow tuile made using dust from the Golden Lichen found on the planet Batuu. In 34 ABY, the Artiodac chef Strono Tuggs included a recipe for Golden Lichen Tuile in his cookbook The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook, which also used them as an ingredient in Nectrose Freeze. He referred to the tuile recipe's yield as "lichen flakes."
Tuggs described the Golden Lichen Tuiles as the best tuiles he had ever made and made sure to fill his pantries with Golden Lichen dust whenever he visited Batuu in order to ensure he could continue supplying his customers with the tuiles. The chef usually saved tuiles to use as an embellishment for his fancier dishes if he wanted to add some crunch, but he also occasionally ate an entire batch himself in one sitting.
Behind the scenes
Golden Lichen Tuiles were created as a recipe for the 2019 recipe book Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook, written by Chelsea Monroe-Cassel and Marc Sumerak. The out-of-universe recipe for the tuiles requires butter, sugar, ground turmeric, ground ginger, and all-purpose flour.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook establishes that the in-universe book was published at the same time as when the First Order was searching for the Resistance base on Batuu. As that search occurs in Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire, which is set in 34 ABY according to the reasoning here, the cookbook must have been published in 34 ABY.