History[edit | edit source]
In 22 BBY, a battle was fought between the Galactic Republic and Confederacy of Independent Systems in orbit of the planet. A Republic naval task force regrouped in Bothawui Prime's orbit after several vicious confrontations with a Separatist fleet led by General Grievous. They were the only line of defense between him and Bothawui itself. As Grievous's frigates swooped in to attack the Republic cruisers, groups of AT-TE walkers hidden on the asteroids of Bothawui Prime's rings, opened fire on the vessels' unguarded sterns and turned the tide of battle, helping to stop his assault on Bothawui.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The gas giant identified as "Bothawui" in The Clone Wars: Season One was retconned in The Essential Atlas as Golm, one of the two gas giants of the Both system and given an alternate name, Bothawui Prime.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne (Mentioned only, as "Bothawui")
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Downfall of a Droid" (Retcon)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duel of the Droids" (Retcon) (In flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bombad Jedi" (In flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Jedi Crash" (In flashback(s))
- The Last Jedi (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas (First identified as Bothawui Prime)