- "The new mining colony on Goluud Minor desperately needs these components and equipment."
- ―Ssk Kahorr
Goluud Minor was a mining world located within the Goluud Minor system of the Core Worlds. By 5000 BBY, a new mining colony had been established on the planet, and merchant lord Ssk Kahorr sent the drone ship Zeta Five to deliver much-needed mining technology and equipment to the colony and sell them to the wealthiest miners. However, the Zeta Five never arrived at Goluud Minor, as it was destroyed by a solar flare from the unstable red supergiant star Primus Goluud during a stopover in the Primus Goluud system.
- "My drone ship should be arriving at the mining world now… selling components to the wealthiest excavators so they can get a jump on the competition…"
- ―Ssk Kahorr
By the year 5000 BBY, a new mining colony had been established on Goluud Minor, and the Cha'a merchant lord Ssk Kahorr of the planet Koros Major had become one of the colony's major investors. In that year, the excavators on Goluud Minor were in need of mining technology components and equipment, so Kahorr sent his Cha'a drone ship, the Zeta Five, to deliver the supplies to the colony and sell them to the wealthiest of the competitive miners.
However, the Cha'a merchant chose to send the Zeta Five along the Goluud Corridor, a recently discovered hyperspace route that involved a navicomputer-recalibration stop in the Primus Goluud system. Upon arriving in that system, the drone ship was destroyed by an unexpected solar flare originating from the unstable red supergiant star of Primus Goluud, and the vessel never arrived at Goluud Minor as a result.
Behind the scenesEdit
Goluud Minor was created for the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi comic book series and was mentioned in the first issue of The Golden Age of the Sith story arc. The issue was published on October 1, 1996, and was written by Kevin J. Anderson and penciled by Dario Carrasco, Jr. The Goluud Minor system, and therefore Goluud Minor, was placed in grid square L-10 by The Essential Atlas, a 2009 reference book co-authored by Jason Fry and Daniel Wallace.
- Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith 1: Into the Unknown (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II ("Kahorr, Ssk")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Goluud Minor system — Based on corresponding data for
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The Essential Atlas — Based on corresponding data for Goluud Minor system
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith 1: Into the Unknown
- ↑ According to the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi comics, the Zeta Five was sent to Goluud Minor shortly before the Daragon siblings' hyperspace jump to the planet Korriban, which The Essential Atlas dates to 5000 BBY.
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 192 ("Kahorr, Ssk")
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 352 ("Goluud Corridor")