- "Internal Affairs calls their field agents "keyns," after a renown [sic] tracking carnivore of the Gontzol system, […]."
- ―An Imperial Intelligence report
Shortly after the Battle of Yavin, Imperial Intelligence mentioned the Gontzol system in a report prepared for an Imperial Grand Moff, which in turn was added by Rebel Alliance historian Major Arhul Hextrophon to a compilation of Imperial documents for Alliance Supreme Commander Mon Mothma and other Rebel officers.
Behind the scenes
The Gontzol system was first mentioned in the 1989 Imperial Sourcebook, written by Greg Gorden for West End Games' Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, How I Wonder Where We Are," a 1990 roleplaying game source article published in Voyages SF 13, placed the system in the Nembus sector. Since the article was released outside of the Lucas Licensing process, its canonicity within the Star Wars Legends continuity was never confirmed, and the 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas instead placed the Gontzol system in grid square L-13, which the StarWars.com Online Companion to the book further depicted as being located outside the Nembus sector of the Outer Rim Territories.
- Imperial Sourcebook (First mentioned)
- "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, How I Wonder Where We Are"—Voyages SF 13
- Imperial Sourcebook, Second Edition
- The Essential Atlas