- "I've made it pretty clear that it was the great Chef Gormaanda who inspired me to pick up my first cleaver. That ol' gal could cook just about any dish and make it look fun and easy. Just a bit of stirrin', whippin', beatin', and tastin', and you had yourself a masterpiece. Who needed a degree from the Orto when I had her holovids?"
- ―Strono Tuggs, The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
Gormaanda was a female member of a four-armed species and a famed chef. At a young age, the Artiodac chef, Strono "Cookie" Tuggs, discovered ancient holovids of Gormaanda and was inspired to become a culinary artist, as he considered her to be a great galactic chef. Tuggs, a physically unattractive Artiodac, considered her a force of nature and was touched by the way Gormaanda was able to take the most plain and even ugly foods and turn them into something beautiful. After viewing her holovids, he felt that if she could do that with food, she could do it for him also. The way that Gormaanda shared her recipes instead of keeping them a secret encouraged him to do the same. When he published The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook after the Battle of Takodana in 34 ABY, he paid tribute to his inspiration and included an old recipe for Gormaanda's glowblue noodles.
Behind the scenes
In the new Star Wars canon, Gormaanda was first mentioned in the 2016 short story "A Recipe for Death" written by Landry Q. Walker. Gormaanda first appeared in the Star Wars Legends continuity in the 1978 made-for-TV-movie The Star Wars Holiday Special.
- "A Recipe for Death"—Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away: Aliens: Volume I (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
- Star Wars: The Life Day Cookbook