Gornts were creatures whose meat was edible to a number of sentient species. Thirty years after the Battle of Endor, gornt meat was available at the castle of Maz Kanata on Takodana. When the castle was destroyed by the First Order, chef Strono Tuggs lost the gornt steaks he had been saving in the freezer for a special occassion.
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 16: The Rescue" (Mentioned on menu)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance) (Meat only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Gornt)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook (Mentioned only) (Meat only)