Society and culture[edit | edit source]
Central to Gorothite society was the j'ber, a family unit or group of individuals connected by bonds of blood and honor. The known j'bers to exist were:
- J'ber B'Yen was formerly numerous, but by the time of the Galactic Civil War the last survivor was B'Yen Do V'nel, the leader of resistance group K'Len J'Bar Kasoon.
- J'ber D'Reb was reputed to be the best equipped to handle the task of transporting cargo between cities.
- J'ber D'Trel was dominant in the o'beki of Graith and eventually emerged as the dominant j'ber on Goroth Prime, becoming the effective planetary government.
- J'ber J'Kek was an influential clan on Goroth Prime before the Scouring that specialized in politics. The j'ber was wiped out during the Scouring.
- J'ber Jer'N in the years following the Scouring, emerged as the premier weaponsmiths on Goroth Prime with their company, Jer'N Weapons Systems.
- J'ber P'Tel was dominant in food production.
- J'ber V'Jar created Goroth Prime's premier vehicle company, V'Jar Technologies.
- J'ber V'Sook was a small Gorothite j'ber that, in the wake of the Scouring, created a religious philosophy known as M'Nes, or the "True Faith." The religion was first preached by V'Sook M'Alra Vin, and spread across Goroth Prime over the centuries.
History[edit | edit source]
During the Corellian/Aqualish war c.4000 BBY, the struggle between the Aqualish and Corellians fought for control of Goroth Prime's mining resources. The desolation brought about on the planet became known as the Se'Lenti, translated from Gorothite into Basic as "the Scouring," when asteroids were deliberately crashed into the planet, killing some five billion Gorothites and releasing vaporized hyperbaride from the crust into the atmosphere.
In 17 BBY the Gorothites were enslaved by the Galactic Empire under the control of Governor Marsh Limoth and Moff Nebin Cray. The Night Wind resistance movement arose in response. The Gorothite were eventually freed by the Alliance to Restore the Republic shortly after the Battle of Yavin.