- "The Assembly sounds like a great idea, but when you dig into the details, you realize how shoddy this Governance Treaty really is. There's only token representation for the citizens of Pijal's moon."
- ―Halin Azucca, to Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn
The Governance Treaty was a proposed motion to cede the power of the Pijali monarchy to a democracy-based Assembly, which would allow the Inner Rim planet Pijal to join the Galactic Republic. Its negotiation was completed by Pijal's Lord Regent, the Jedi Rael Averross, by around 40 BBY.
Ritual language in the treaty would allow the Czerka Corporation to exercise immense power over Pijal's resources through contracts that could never be canceled. The Opposition began to protest the signing of the Governance Treaty, which was intended to occur at Princess Fanry's coronation, due to its lack of representation for citizens on Pijal's moon. At her crowning, Fanry refused to sign the treaty.
Behind the scenes
- Master & Apprentice (First appearance, simultaneous with Master & Apprentice audiobook)
- Master & Apprentice audiobook
- Brotherhood (Mentioned only)
- Brotherhood audiobook (Mentioned only)