- "The regional governors now have direct control over their territories."
- ―Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin, governor of the Outer Rim Territories
Governor was a political title used by high-ranking leaders of political territories, including planets, moons and galactic regions. Sio Bibble was governor of Naboo during the last days of the Galactic Republic. In the Galactic Empire, a governor could wear a standard Imperial uniform, in the case of Arihnda Pryce, or a white outfit, as donned by Ubrik Adelhard. Imperial governors also wore rank insignia plaques consisting of six blue squares over three red and three yellow. Wilhuff Tarkin was governor of the Outer Rim Territories, however, the use of the term was merely honorific, as his rank was Grand Moff.
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Dark Disciple
- Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion
- Shattered Empire 2
- Master & Apprentice
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Victory's Price
- Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow