The Gozanti-class cruiser, also known as the Gozanti-class armed transport, was a class of armored starship used by various factions, and as such had many modified sub-variants, including the Black Sun frigate, the Imperial Gozanti-class cruiser, the C-ROC Gozanti-class light cruiser, the IGV-55 surveillance vessel, and the Gozanti-class Assault Carrier. During the First Order–Resistance war, the Gozanti Armed Transport shared a similar name.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The Gozanti-class cruiser was a starship that could act as a freighter and cruiser. It could be modified to accomodate a twin laser turret in a dorsal mount and a heavy laser cannon on its ventral side. The Gozanti also had a loading elevator on the bottom near the nose and docking ports to the side near the cockpit section. The ships had a hyperdrive and three engines.
History[edit | edit source]
Twilight of the Republic[edit | edit source]
The Clone Wars[edit | edit source]
During the Clone Wars, the cruiser was adopted by various factions, including the Confederacy of Independent Systems. At least three were in the fleet led by the super tactical droid Aut-O. One cruiser was on Zygerria as Dooku arrived to discuss the execution of Anakin Skywalker with Miraj Scintel.
The Black Sun crime syndicate also used modified Gozanti-class cruisers. They were forced into joining Darth Maul's Shadow Collective and took part in the takeover of Mandalore. Several joined with Maul's forces after the battle of Zanbar. These ships were painted black with gold highlights, including a stylized rim of a star placed over the cruiser's front, taken from the syndicate's emblem.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The young readers book Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head, written by Pablo Hidalgo and featuring various match-ups from the series, placed an Imperial Gozanti cruiser against an Auzituck anti-slaver gunship, with the gunship damaging the cruiser and escaping.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Starships and Speeders
- TIE Fighter Owners' Workshop Manual
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 20 (Databank A-Z: Saw Gerrera–Commander Gree)
- Star Wars: Armada – Imperial Assault Carriers Expansion Pack
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 20 (Databank A-Z: Saw Gerrera–Commander Gree) states that the Gozanti-class was introduced "about 15 years before the rise of the Empire," which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY.
- Star Wars Rebels – "Fire Across the Galaxy"
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shades of Reason"
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 2
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Gone with a Trace"
[edit | edit source]
- Pablo Hidalgo hosting the Star Wars Rebels Panel at NYCC 2013, part 3. Imperial freighter presentation at 04:14.