The Graf Archive was a vast depository of documents and other materials of public or historical importance. Founded before the fall of the First Order and covering most of Orchis 2's surface, it was named after and strongly connected to the Graf family.
The Graf Archive covered most of the surface of the moon Orchis 2. Its many databanks, galleries, and shelves contained texts, antiques, artworks, and even preserved plants and animals from all across the galaxy. The items which could not be readily identified were placed in the underground Shadow Stacks, where they waited to be processed, often for several years.
Positions within the Graf Archive included archivists, a Head Curator, a Director, and a Deputy Director. Archive droids were also employed. At some point, Lina Graf was the head curator of the archive.
The Graf Archive was founded at some point before the fall of the First Order in the year 35 ABY. At the time, Lina Graf was in charge of the Archive, and her grand-nephew Emil Graf contributed to the expansion of the library by collecting data during his travels aboard the Star Herald. He notably managed to locate the Lost Library of Nelgenam.
At a later point during Fortoon's tenure, a trainee archivist searching the Shadow Stacks exhumed a set of planetary maps drawn by the famed Ithorian artist Gammit Chond. At some other point, a restoration effort was started, and a task force led by archive droid TR-33NA was assembled to scour the library for artifacts of historical importance. One of their first significant discoveries, deep within the stacks, was an old journal filled with sketches and accounts of alien species and cultures from all over the galaxy. Although the author was not easy to identify, the drawing style of the sketches was reminiscent of Gammit Chond.
- Star Wars Adventures: Tales from Vader's Castle 1 (Mentioned only)
- "The Lost Stories, Part 1"—Star Wars Adventures 30
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Alien Archive (First pictured)
- "Dispatches from Wild Space"—Star Wars Adventures 29
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 As "The Lost Stories, Part 1" features the First Order, which collapses in Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker, it must be set before the events of the film, dated to one year after the Hosnian Cataclysm by Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the Hosnian Cataclysm to 34 ABY, so The Rise of Skywalker must be set in 35 ABY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars Adventures: Tales from Vader's Castle 1
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Alien Archive
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "The Lost Stories, Part 1"—Star Wars Adventures 30
- ↑ Star Wars Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu