- "And that's Grand General Tagge, Vader."
- ―Grand General Tagge corrects Darth Vader, after he is addressed as just Tagge
Grand General was a senior rank within the Imperial Army of the Galactic Empire. Following the Battle of Yavin, General Cassio Tagge was promoted to the position by Emperor Palpatine and given overall command of the Imperial Military as well as authority over the Sith Lord Darth Vader. Also during the Imperial Era, the Imperial officer Ormeddon had the rank of Grand General. In the tail end of the Galactic Civil War, Kenner Loring held the rank, though Grand Admiral Rae Sloane was among several who always had wondered why Loring was made grand general instead of Hodnar Borrum.
Behind the scenesEdit
The rank of Grand General first appeared in Star Wars: Force Commander, a 2000 Star Wars Legends video game. It became canon when it appeared in Darth Vader 2, a comic book written by Kieron Gillen and published in 2015. Holocron continuity database keeper Leland Chee was the one who came up with giving the Grand General rank to Cassio Tagge in Gillen's comic.
- Darth Vader 2 (First appearance)
- Darth Vader 3 (Mentioned only; in the opening crawl)
- Darth Vader 7 (Mentioned only)
- Darth Vader 8
- Darth Vader 12
- Darth Vader 16 (Mentioned only)
- Darth Vader 17 (Appears in hologram)
- Darth Vader 22
- Darth Vader 23
- Darth Vader 25
- Doctor Aphra 4 (Indirect mention only)
- Alphabet Squadron (Mentioned only)
- Alphabet Squadron audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Life Debt audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Darth Vader: Sith Lord
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Tales from Vandor
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious