- "Well, well. If it isn't the heads of the five Hutt families."
- ―Cad Bane, sitting in on a meeting of the Grand Hutt Council
The Grand Hutt Council, also known as the Hutt Grand Council and the Hutt Council, was the ruling body of the Hutts located on the Hutt world of Nal Hutta and included a number of high profile and influential Hutt leaders, they had control over the Hutt Clan crime family. During the Clone Wars, Jabba the Hutt and Marlo both led the Hutt Council. It was during the war that the Grand Hutt Council allied themselves with Maul and his Shadow Collective, assisting the organization with its takeover of Mandalore.
History[edit | edit source]
Following the Galactic Republic's arrest of Ziro the Hutt for the kidnapping of his great nephew Rotta, the Council feared that Ziro would reveal the Council's records to the Republic Senate. The Hutt Council hired bounty hunter Cad Bane to free Ziro and turn him over to them. After Bane's successful rescue of Ziro, Gardulla and the Council demanded that Ziro hand over the records. Ziro refused to do so and was imprisoned. After Ziro made his escape, the Council hired Bane to track him and the records down. Though Bane failed, Sy Snootles was able to give Jabba himself the records after she killed Ziro.
When Maul and his Shadow Collective arrived on Nal Hutta, Jabba and the Council refused to join them, merely laughing at them. However, after defeating a large group of bounty hunters and killing one of the council members, Oruba, Jabba and Gorga agreed to join Maul.
After the Rebel Alliance destroyed the Death Star, Nal Hutta Kal'tamok reported that the Grand Hutt Council had issued an earnings announcement on that day which contained a peripheral acknowledgment of the Alliance's victory at Yavin.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The High Republic 5 (Mentioned only) (First identified as Five Families)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Evil Plans" (First appearance) (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 1 (Indirect mention only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 17 (Highlights of the Saga: The Boonta Eve Classic)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 19 (Databank A-Z: GA-97–Geonosis; Highlights of the Saga: The Death of Jabba the Hutt)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 24 (Databank A-Z: The HoloNet–General Hux)
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 2 (Droid Directory: 3PO-series Protocol Droids, Part 1) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 27 (Databank A-Z: InterGalactic Banking Clan–Jakku)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 36 (Weapons & Uniforms: Jabba's Courtiers; Highlights of the Saga: Attack on Jabba's Palace)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 45 (Highlights of the Saga: The Battle of Teth)
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
- Rise of the Separatists
- Collapse of the Republic
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian: Making of Season Two