The Grand Hutt Council, also known as the Hutt Grand Council and the Hutt Council, was the ruling body of the Hutt Clan, a collection of powerful Hutt crime clan-families, and was located on the Hutt home world of Nal Hutta and included a number of high profile and influential Hutt leaders.
During the Clone Wars, Jabba the Hutt and Marlo both led the Hutt Council. It was during the war that the Grand Hutt Council allied themselves with Maul and his Shadow Collective, assisting the organization with its takeover of Mandalore.
- "Well, well. If it isn't the heads of the five Hutt families."
- ―Cad Bane, sitting in on a meeting of the Grand Hutt Council
Following the Galactic Republic's arrest of Ziro the Hutt for the kidnapping of his great nephew Rotta, the Council feared that Ziro would reveal the Council's records to the Republic Senate. The Hutt Council hired bounty hunter Cad Bane to free Ziro and turn him over to them. After Bane's successful rescue of Ziro, Gardulla and the Council demanded that Ziro hand over the records. Ziro refused to do so and was imprisoned. After Ziro made his escape, the Council hired Bane to track him and the records down. Though Bane failed, Sy Snootles was able to give Jabba himself the records after she killed Ziro.
When Maul and his Shadow Collective arrived on Nal Hutta, Jabba and the council refused to join them, merely laughing at them. However, after defeating a large group of bounty hunters and killing one of the council members, Oruba, Jabba and Gorga agreed to join Maul, aiding the Shadow Collective takeover of Mandalore.
After the Rebel Alliance destroyed the Death Star, Nal Hutta Kal'tamok reported that the Grand Hutt Council had issued an earnings announcement on that day which contained a peripheral acknowledgment of the Alliance's victory at Yavin.
When an auction intended to sell notorious smuggler and Rebel Alliance member Han Solo, who had been frozen in carbonite, on Jekara was announced by Crimson Dawn leader Qi'ra, the Grand Hutt Council, along with several other criminals from various parts of the galaxy, participated in the auction. Solo was eventually bought by Jabba, but before Jabba could take his prize, the auction was invaded by Darth Vader, who after defeating Qi'ra, ordered his forces to take Solo away as he left to face the rebel Luke Skywalker. Shortly thereafter, a battle in Jekara's orbit between the forces of the Hutts and the Imperial forces, provoked by Bokku, began. During the battle, the Grand Hutt Council was killed by Darth Vader, who withdrew from his confrontation with Skywalker after being informed that the Emperor had ordered him to end the Hutt insurrection personally, leaving Jabba as the sole leader of the Hutt clans.
Behind the scenes
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 17 (Highlights of the Saga: The Boonta Eve Classic)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 19 (Databank A-Z: GA-97–Geonosis; Highlights of the Saga: The Death of Jabba the Hutt)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 24 (Databank A-Z: The HoloNet–General Hux)
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 2 (Droid Directory: 3PO-series Protocol Droids, Part 1) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 27 (Databank A-Z: InterGalactic Banking Clan–Jakku)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 36 (Weapons & Uniforms: Jabba's Courtiers; Highlights of the Saga: Attack on Jabba's Palace)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 45 (Highlights of the Saga: The Battle of Teth)
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
- Rise of the Separatists
- Star Wars: Outer Rim
- Collapse of the Republic
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian: Making of Season Two
- Star Wars - The Official Magazine 101 (Database: Before the dark times…) (Picture only)
- "Jabba the Hutt and Other Bounty Hunters and Criminals" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Evil Plans"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro"
- War of the Bounty Hunters 5 takes place after the Escape from Cloud City and before the Rescue of Han Solo, which are dated to 3 ABY and 4 ABY, respectively, by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Therefore, the events of War of the Bounty Hunters 5 must take place between those two years.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shades of Reason"
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: War of the Bounty Hunters