- "Supreme Chancellor Palpatine wants the tumor and all of the intel gathered sent to the Grand Republic Medical Facility on Coruscant."
- ―Shaak Ti
The Grand Republic Medical Facility, also known as the Grand Medical Facility, was a towering medcenter located on Coruscant, the capital planet of the Galactic Republic. During the Clone Wars, the facility was used as a hospital to treat badly injured Republic Military personnel. In addition, the facility treated patients from across the galaxy. One such patient was the Sith Lord Darth Vader, who required cybernetic reconstruction as a result of the injuries he sustained on Mustafar. Darth Sidious, the secret persona of Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine, used the facility as his retreat prior to proclaiming himself Galactic Emperor.
The facility remained in use during the reign of the Galactic Empire, although its secret role as Sidious' Sith haven was transferred to the Imperial Palace. During the Galactic Civil War, Sidious brought Vader to the facility to be rebuilt following his journey to Exegol.
- "The Grand Medical Facility is state-of-the-art."
The Galactic Republic medcenter known as the Grand Republic Medical Facility was a skyscraping tower in Galactic City, the planet-wide ecumenopolis of the Republic capital Coruscant. The facility's lower levels were restructured to accommodate Darth Sidious' new Sith lair, and also housed a meditation chamber for the Sith Lord's use.
The facility was regarded as a high-value target during the Clone Wars due to its role as a Republic treatment center, and therefore fortified with strong defense systems and powerful weaponry. Its security forces comprised the clone shock troopers of the Coruscant Guard and Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine's Red Guards.
- "I recommend we do further tests on this tumor at the Jedi Temple to see if it is the cause of the problem."
"Or even better, have the tumor sent to the Grand Republic Medical Facility here on Coruscant."
- ―Shaak Ti and Sheev Palpatine
The Grand Republic Medical Facility was operated by the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars. Following a premature activation of Clone Protocol 66 on Ringo Vinda, and a subsequent investigation on Kamino, Jedi Master Shaak Ti and Doctor Nala Se traveled to the facility bringing with them two inhibitor chips and ARC trooper CT-5555 as instructed by Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine. However, the clone trooper fled the facility for attempting to assassinate the chancellor, an act motivated by the revelation of Palpatine's involvement in a conspiracy to destroy the Jedi Order.
In the aftermath of the incident with the renegade clone, Palpatine—a secret Dark Lord of the Sith known as Darth Sidious—moved his collection of Sith relics and artifacts from an abandoned tower in The Works district to the Grand Medical Facility, fearing they would be discovered by the Jedi.
After the rise of the Galactic Empire, a severely damaged Darth Vader was taken to the facility by the now-anointed Emperor Palpatine. Utilizing a team of medical droids, Sidious had his apprentice surgically reconstructed and placed within a cybernetic suit in order to survive his wounds. Vader revisited the facility, which was still operational at the time of the Galactic Civil War, to be repaired after his excursion to Exegol.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Conspiracy" (Mentioned only) (First identified as Grand Republic Medical Facility)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Fugitive" (Mentioned only) (First identified as Grand Medical Facility)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Orders"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Darth Vader (2017) 1
- Age of Rebellion - Darth Vader 1 (In flashback(s))
- Darth Vader (2015) 6 (In flashback(s))
- Doctor Aphra (2016) 40 (Vision to Darth Vader)
- Darth Vader (2020) 9 (In flashback(s))
- Darth Vader (2020) 12
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 1 (Helmets: Darth Vader, Master of the Dark Side) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 5 (Droid Directory: 2-1B-series Medical Droids, Part 1) (Picture only)
- Darth Vader: Sith Lord
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 47 (Droid Directory: Jedi Droids – Data Analysis Units)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 58 (Helmets: 2-1B Surgical Droid) (First identified as Surgical Reconstruction Centre)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 62 (Databank A-Z: U-wing–V-wing) (Picture only)
- "Darth Vader" – Star Wars Encyclopedia (First identified as Center for Surgical Reconstruction)
- "Republic, Rebel, and Resistance Starfighters" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Bust Collection 1 (Star Wars Universe: Darth Vader) (Picture only)
- "Coruscant" – Star Wars Encyclopedia