The Grand Trophy was an award which originated from a race on the Ando Prime Centrum podracing course, located on the icy planet Ando Prime. By 32 BBY, the trophy was weathered and had come into the possession of the Toydarian junk dealer Watto, who kept it on a shelf in his junkshop on the planet Tatooine along with other treasured podracing memorabilia—items the Toydarian had acquired either as gifts from celebrated racers and pit crews or through illegal means. Round in shape and dull gold in color, the Grand Trophy was formed around a blue oval and rose from a concave sleeve that was perched atop a circular base.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Grand Trophy was depicted in the new Star Wars canon in the 2016 reference book, Star Wars: Complete Locations, in a section focusing on locations from the 1999 prequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. The section was originally written by Kristin Lund and illustrated by Richard Chasemore and Hans Jenssen for the 2000 Star Wars Legends reference book Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (First mentioned)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The depiction of Watto's junkshop in Star Wars: Complete Locations, where the Grand Trophy is shown, is set during Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, the events of which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 32 BBY.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I