A grashal was a type of organic building that was grown and used by the Yuuzhan Vong. The entire building was a shell, the interior spiral forming different rooms. They were created by large organisms that were either eaten or moved on when their grashal was done. Grashals came in different sizes, although the usual was three by sixteen meters, and holes in them were sealed by gricha. They were often used as barracks for Workers, Temples for the Gods, or command centers for the Warriors.
The floor of a grashal varied in color, but was smooth and mirrorlike.
Behind the scenesEdit
Grashals are sometimes described as resembling the shell of a nautilus.
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I: Onslaught (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star
- The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream
- The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Ylesia
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force
- Legacy of the Force: Inferno (Flow-walk)