- "It was the worst drought anyone could remember. The moisture farmers could barely gather enough water from their vaporators to keep themselves alive, let alone to trade in town for food and supplies. Especially with Jabba's thugs collecting "water taxes.""
- ―An excerpt from The Journals of Ben Kenobi
The Great Drought was a period of intense drought conditions on Tatooine, a desert world in the Outer Rim Territories, in the years prior to the Battle of Yavin. During the drought, the worst in what was then-recent memory, left moisture farmers with little water to harvest, worsening conditions on the poor, backwater world. In the midst of the drought, henchmen for the crime lord Jabba the Hutt collected a "water tax" on their master's behalf. Rumors stated that Jabba collected the water so he could take long baths because of the elongated heatwave. Former Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi later wrote in his journal that he believed the rumors weren't true; stating that he had met Jabba and that he had never bathed in his life.
- Star Wars (2015) 7 (First appearance)
- Star Wars (2015) 15 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars (2015) 20 (Mentioned only)