Great Grass Plains was a large area of plains located 40 kilometers from Theed on the planet Naboo. During the Battle of Naboo, the Gungan Grand Army fought against the Trade Federation battle droids on the Great Grass Plains.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The scene on Great Grass Plains was shot near Livermore, California. To get rid of the earthlike feeling, the hills were digitally stretched.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Great Grass Plains)
- Star Wars: Star Pilot
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 13 (Weapons & Uniforms: The Gungan Grand Army; Highlights of the Saga: The Battle for Naboo)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 22 (Databank A-Z: Gungans–Rako Hardeen) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition (Picture only)
- The Star Wars Book