- "There hasn't been a full-scale war since the formation of the Republic."
- ―Sio Bibble
The Great Peace was a millennium-long period of time characterized by the lack of galaxy-spanning wars concurrent with the Republic Era, although smaller sector and system conflicts, such as the Stark Hyperspace War or the Mandalorian Civil War, consumed the time and energy of the Galactic Republic and Jedi Order. It was remembered by New Republic period historians as the last era of peace in galactic history.
The Great Peace began at the end of the Jedi–Sith war, when the Sith were believed to have been defeated by the Jedi Order, and the Old Republic was reformed into the Galactic Republic. During this time, the Jedi Order enjoyed political ascension, constructing a new academy on Coruscant to train Jedi younglings in the way of the Force.
The Battle of Geonosis marked the end of the Great Peace and the beginning of the Clone Wars; having mobilized a clone army to serve as its new military, the Republic went to war against the Confederacy of Independent Systems, led by the former Jedi-turned-Sith Lord Count Dooku. The Sith had not completely died out at the end of their war with the Jedi, and had been plotting for centuries to overthrow the Jedi and the Republic.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Duel of Destiny" (Appears in hologram)
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Exit from Endor" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Rise of the Separatists (First identified as Great Peace)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Rise of the Separatists
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- ↑ Tarkin
- ↑ Age of Republic - Qui-Gon Jinn 1
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Obi-Wan and Anakin, Part I
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Collapse of the Republic