- "There is only one plan—one great design which shall govern the universe—mine."
- ―Darth Sidious to Darth Maul
The Great Plan was a long-percolating plot hatched by the Sith. Originating with the Sith Lord Darth Bane, who had emerged victorious from a devastating conflict among his peers, its aim was to corrupt the Galactic Republic from within, discredit and diminish the Jedi Order, and ultimately rule the galaxy. A millennium after its creation, the Great Plan was fulfilled by Darth Sidious.
Following the end of the Jedi-Sith War, only one Sith Lord, Darth Bane survived. In the shadows of the galaxy, Bane would use tricks, tactics and schemes to destroy the Sith's enemies Bane came up with a plan that would corrupt the Galactic Republic from within, diminish the Jedi and allow the Sith to conquer the galaxy. Following Bane's death at the apparent hands of his apprentice, Darth Zannah, she and subsequent Sith continued his plan.
Before 32 BBY, Darth Sidious, known to the public as Senator Sheev Palpatine of Naboo, continued with the Great Plan. He ensured that his Sith identity was kept a secret from everyone including the Jedi.
Political machinations Edit
- "If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a Vote of No Confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."
- ―Queen Padmé Amidala
Darth Sidious began his play by ordering the Trade Federation to blockade and invade Naboo. Following Queen Amidala's escape from Naboo, Palpatine was able to convince her that Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum had no real power or ability in dealing with the Trade Federation's actions on Naboo. It convinced Amidala to call for a Vote of No Confidence in Valorum. Palpatine, as expected, was nominated to become the new Supreme Chancellor. Following Amidala's victory against the Trade Federation, Palpatine was elected as Supreme Chancellor. Sidious also took a great interest in a young boy, Anakin Skywalker. 
A Secret Army Edit
With the apparent death of his apprentice, Darth Maul, Sidious took on former Jedi Master Dooku as his new apprentice, Darth Tyranus. Sidious and Tyranus eventually learned about former Jedi Council member, Master Sifo-Dyas' idea to order a army for the Republic in case of a civil war. Sifo-Dyas was able to make an order for an army from Kamino To ensure Sifo-Dyas' silence, Dooku contacted Lom Pyke of the Pyke Syndicate. As Tyranus, Dooku paid the Pykes to kill Sifo-Dyas. The Pykes killed Sifo-Dyas and gave his body to Tyranus who had burned on Felucia. However, unbeknownst to Tyranus, the Pykes kept the Chancellor Vallorum's aide, Silman alive as insurance against the Sith Lord.
Following Sifo-Dyas' death, Tyranus recruited and paid bounty Jango Fett to be the clone template for the Kaminoans. Tyranus also supplied the Kaminoan cloners with a Control chip, but told them to keep it's "safeguard" order a secret from the Jedi.
The Clone Wars Edit
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Heroes on Both Sides" (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow Warrior" (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo" (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revenge" (Indirect mention only)
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 4 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Phantom Apprentice" (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shattered" (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars Helmet Collection 14 (Weapons & Uniforms: The Sith)
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars Helmet Collection 2 (Databank A-Z: Alzoc III—Antilles)
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lost One"
- ↑ Age of Republic - Jango Fett 1
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Conspiracy"
- ↑ Age of Republic - Count Dooku 1