- "I mean it was like he was sitting here about to drink his tea. He doesn't put anything in it, but he stirs it. I don't drink tea, so I don't know why you'd need to stir it, but maybe it's an old Ithorian thing."
- ―Julen Rakab, about Dok-Ondar
Green spiced tea was a type of tea that was consumable by Ithorians. Around 34 ABY, while visiting Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities in Black Spire Outpost on the Outer Rim Territories planet Batuu, the farmer Julen Rakab noticed that the shop's proprietor, Dok-Ondar, had not drank his daily cup of green spiced tea. Tipped off that something was amiss, Rakab, along with the smuggler Izal Garsea and the shop assistant, Tap, were able to locate and free Dok-Ondar from a locked safe and procure him another cup of tea.
Description[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Tap: "What's he saying?"
- Julen Rakab: "To bring him tea. And to have a good reason for being back here."
- Izal Garsea: "Freeing him wasn't enough?"
- ―Tap, Julen Rakab, and Izal Garsea, after rescuing Dok-Ondar[src]
While visiting Black Spire Outpost on the Outer Rim Territories planet Batuu around 34 ABY, the smuggler Izal Garsea saw pairs of Batuuans sitting on the steps of ancient buildings, sharing mugs of spiced tea. Later that day, Garsea and the farmer Julen Rakab visited Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities to deliver a package to the store's proprietor, the Ithorian collector Dok-Ondar, and were perplexed at his absence. Rakab investigated Dok-Ondar's desk for clues to his whereabouts, finding the Ithorian's tea-stirring spoon inside an ancient tome, next to an untouched cup of green spiced tea.
The farmer indicated this as abnormal behavior because of Dok-Ondar's tendency to drink his morning tea and then subsequently give out assignments to his workers. Garsea, Rakab, and the shop's assistant, Tap, searched for the Ithorian and found him trapped in the store's locked safe. After being let out, the collector requested a fresh cup of tea, which Tap brought for him. As Garsea explained that she had a package for him, Dok-Ondar stirred and drank his fresh brew.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Green spiced tea first appeared in the new Star Wars canon in A Crash of Fate, a 2019 young-adult novel written by Zoraida Córdova. In the Star Wars Legends continuity, spiced tea first appeared in "Two for the Price of One," a 1994 roleplaying adventure written by Rick D. Stuart and published in Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- A Crash of Fate (First appearance, simultaneous with A Crash of Fate audiobook)
- A Crash of Fate audiobook