- "It is just privilege to be able to write this and to be able to play in the universe. This is stuff that I love. This is the mythology that I grew up on, far more than any other Marvel or DC continuity. I have tried to honor that at every turn."
- ―Greg Rucka
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure audiobook
- Star Wars: Shattered Empire (Marvel Comics miniseries)
- Before the Awakening
- Guardians of the Whills
- "Grounded"–From a Certain Point of View
Smuggler's Run and Shattered Empire are both part of the Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens publishing program. Smuggler's Run depicts Han Solo and Chewbacca shortly after Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. Shattered Empire follows events that occurred shortly after Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. Before the Awakening follows Rey, Finn, and Poe Dameron prior to their adventures in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens.
Rucka's original work includes the Atticus Kodiak and Jad Bell series of novels, the Oni Press comics Whiteout (that was adapted into a film starring Kate Beckinsale) and Queen & Country, and the Image Comics series Lazarus. He has written Detective Comics, Superman and Wonder Woman for DC Comics, and was tasked with reintroducing an updated version of Batwoman into continuity with artist JH Williams, for which they won a GLAAD award. He is a New York Times bestselling author, and the recipient of numerous Eisner awards, the comic industry's highest accolade.
With Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison and Mark Waid, he co-wrote the weekly 2006 series 52, chronicling a year in the DC Universe when Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman disappear. While at DC, he co-created Gotham Central with Ed Brubaker, and the two subsequently collaborated on a few issues of Marvel's Daredevil. His other work at Marvel includes Black Widow, Elektra, Wolverine, The Punisher and Cyclops.