General Grievous used a Munificent-class star frigate as his command ship at the Battle of Bothawui. During the the battle, the ship was destroyed when Republic AT-TEs flanked Grievous's fleet on a belt of asteroids, and severely damaged the fleet from behind.
In 22 BBY, this ship lead a fleet of Munificent-class star frigates to invade the planet Bothawui after successfully destroying Republic resistance on Falleen. Republic naval forces, under the command of Jedi General Anakin Skywalker and padawan Ahsoka Tano, intercepted the fleet over the planet of Bothawui Prime and engaged Grievous's forces.
Grievous sent his fleet of six frigates through the asteroid belt of the planet while the Republic fleet held its ground between Bothawui Prime and the belt. Due to the fact that his ships were protected from behind by the asteroids, Grievous ordered all power in the frigates be diverted to the forward shields, leaving the rear of all of the frigates without shields. Anakin Skywalker led the starfighter unit Gold Squadron against the frigates, though the squadron retreated after losing two V-19 Torrent starfighters while Anakin continued his run on the enemy frigates.
As the Confederate fleet advanced through the asteroid belt, AT-TEs positioned on the asteroids fired on the unshielded sterns on the frigates. The Republic fleet's fire combined with the flanking walkers destroyed the fleet, including the command ship, while Grievous escaped the battle in his ship Soulless One.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence" ("Newsreel" only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Downfall of a Droid" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duel of the Droids" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bombad Jedi" (Appears in flashback(s))
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 3.17 3.18 3.19 Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ West End Games
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Downfall of a Droid"
- ↑ Star Wars Annual 2011