- "Bone broth, for the little one."
"Oh, well, you're in luck. I just took down a grinjer, so there's plenty."
- ―Din Djarin and the proprietor
A grinjer was a creature that could be found on Sorgan. The grinjer's bones could be turned into bone broth, a type of soup. Around 9 ABY, the Mandalorian human Din Djarin ordered the broth from a tavern on the planet for the child he protected. The tavern's proprietor informed him that he was in luck, as she had recently killed a grinjer, providing an ample amount of the soup.
Behind the scenesEdit
The grinjer was mentioned in "Chapter 4: Sanctuary," an episode of the first season of Jon Favreau's television series The Mandalorian. The episode was written by Favreau and aired on Disney+ on November 29, 2019.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 The Mandalorian – "Chapter 4: Sanctuary"
- ↑ The Mandalorian is set about five years after the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 4 ABY. Therefore, the events of The Mandalorian, including the mention of the grinjer, must have taken place around 9 ABY. establishes that
- ↑ The Mandalorian Media Kit (PDF). Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International p. 1. The Walt Disney Company (2019-09-24). Archived from the original on February 3, 2020. Retrieved on February 10, 2020.