- "Attention! At ease gentlemen. I'm Major Grode."
- ―Grode, reporting to his squadron
- "We have an opportunity to nab the whole bunch, including that vixen Elscol and her pet Wookiee. We're not taking any chances. Set lasers, lock on target, and fire as soon as we're in range...We'll blast them into atoms before they even know we're coming."
- ―Grode, briefing the squadron before a mission
Major Grode commanded Crimson Squadron in defense of Moff Boren Tascl's base at Kiidan. He accepted Rogue Squadron's Tycho Celchu — in disguise as an Imperial officer at the time — into his squadron as it was scrambled to intercept the local resistance movement headed by Elscol Loro. He was shot down by Tycho's X-wing, which was being piloted by Winter at the time.
Unlike other TIE pilots, he didn't wear a fully enclosed helmet and his armor's appearance is different as well. This is due to the fact that he modified his TIE interceptor by adding life support systems. Apart from the life support systems, his interceptor also featured longer wingtip laser cannon barrels which might be due to the fact that he upgraded them. The chin laser cannon hard points are missing.
- X-Wing Rogue Squadron 2: The Rebel Opposition, Part 2 (First appearance)
- X-Wing Rogue Squadron 3: The Rebel Opposition, Part 3