Ground Assault Vehicles or GAVs was the designation given to a multitude of armored ground vehicles.
During the Clone Wars, the Balawai militia on Haruun Kal used modified steamcrawlers that were equipped with high-explosive chemical cannons, flamethrowers, and side-mounted high-velocity slugthrowers.
During the reign of the Galactic Empire, the term received usage as the all-encompassing definition for terrestrial war machines ranging from walkers to repulsorcraft, including subcategories such as Light Assault Vehicles, Heavy Assault Vehicles, Surface Assault Vehicles, Repulsorlift Assault Vehicles, and walker-type.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Empire: To the Last Man
- Empire 29: In the Shadows of Their Fathers, Part 1
- Rebellion 1: My Brother, My Enemy, Part 1
- "Lumiya: Dark Star of the Empire"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 3
- X-Wing: Rogue Squadron
- Crimson Empire
- Darksaber (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Imperial Sourcebook (First mentioned) (First identified as ground assault vehicle) (First identified as GAV)
- The Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- The Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Imperial Sourcebook (Second Edition)
- Star Wars Miniatures Battles Companion
- Heroes & Rogues
- "Repulsortank Battlefield"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 9
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia