Groundquakes were natural phenomena on rocky planets. As the planet's core spun, convection currents created rift zones, faults, and plates on the surface. When two plates slid past each other, or one under another, the immense friction caused a groundquake. Anything caught in the shock wave could be damaged or destroyed from shaking.
Natural occurrences of groundquakesEdit
Artificially created groundquakesEdit
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mercy Mission"
- Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu (First appearance)
- Death Star
- The Keeper's Secret!
- The Final Fury!
- Star Wars 16: The Hunter (Mentioned only)
- The Second Kessel Run
- Beyond the Rim (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Force Commander
- Star Wars Galaxies: Trials of Obi-Wan (Mentioned only) (as earthquake)
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye (First mentioned)
- Mission from Mount Yoda
- Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force
- Star Wars Gamemaster Handbook
- Goroth: Slave of the Empire
- Flashpoint! Brak Sector (as earthquake)
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition (as earthquake)
- Galaxy Guide 12: Aliens — Enemies and Allies
- Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope, Second Edition
- The Jedi Academy Sourcebook
- "A Free-Trader's Guide to the Planets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 10 (as planet-quake)
- The University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Marvel Series"—Star Wars Gamer 1 "
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- Scavenger's Guide to Droids
- Galaxy of Intrigue
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide
- Suns of Fortune
- Strongholds of Resistance
Notes and referencesEdit
- Earthquake on Wikipedia