- "Leave him alone. They kept him in his growth jar too long."
- ―Cutup, defending Echo from Hevy
Growth jars were cloning tanks used by the Kaminoans in the Tipoca City cloning facilities to grow the embryos of the clone troopers used by the Galactic Republic. They were situated along disk-shaped cloning chambers that were attached to large pillars in the Egg Lab and the Tipoca City embryo room. The embryos were kept in there until they were old enough to be released.
When the Kaminoans were hired to produce a clone army for the Galactic Republic, they used growth jars to contain embryos in order to mass-produce clones of the bounty hunter Jango Fett for the Republic.
When the clone troopers Hevy and Echo, who were stationed on an outpost on the Rishi moon among other clones were having an argument, their companion Cutup jokingly referred to Echo's distaste for excitement by saying that they kept him in his growth jar too long.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies" (First identified as growth jar)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Fugitive"
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary (Picture only)