The guarlara was a species of ungulate indigenous to Naboo, similar to the gualaar and gualama. They came from the snowy northern mountains of Naboo, and their thick coats required shearing in warmer climates. They were majestic beasts with thick, black (white at birth), silky fur, and long, thick, fur-covered tails. The head boasted a pair of forward-curving horns, while a tusk grew out of either side of the mouth. The hooves of the guarlara were larger than those of the gualama, allowing for sure-footedness in mountain terrain.
Guarlara fur was used in clothing and tapestries. The Naboo monarchs had a guarlara herd: only the monarchs and the Royal crusaders were allowed to ride the guarlaras.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance) (Statue only)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Fate of the Jedi: Allies (Mentioned only)
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 100 (NAB42, Naboo Animals)
- The Art of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia