- "Oh great. It's the Guavian Death Gang. They must've tracked us from Nantoon."
- ―Han Solo
The Guavian Death Gang, also known as the Guavian gang, was a criminal organization in operation roughly thirty years after the Battle of Endor. The gang was driven out of the Core Worlds due to unrest in the galactic underworld after the collapse of the Galactic Empire. They employed deadly soldiers in high-impact red cybernetic armor.
Spreading through the galaxy
The Guavian Death Gang's red-armored foot soldiers were recruited after swearing loyalty to the gang in exchange for a cybernetic augmentation. They were equipped with a mechanical reservoir that acted as a second heart, injecting a secret combination of chemicals into the soldiers' bloodstream, giving them a boost of speed and aggression. They communicated via high frequency data streams transmitted from the central disk in their faceplates. Soldiers were armed with the latest black market technology, such as the Tostovin Munitions percussive cannon, carried by Bala-Tik.
The Guavian Death Gang was chased out of the Core Worlds by their fellow criminals, unwilling to conduct their business alongside the ruthless cabal. After their ascendency as a major criminal organization, they gained a reputation for coercion. The gang also took over a region known as Guavian Death Space, where they deployed scoutships.
In 34 ABY, two Guavian foot soldiers tracked racer Marcus Speedstar to the Colossus station on Castilon due to him owing them 20,000 credits. In order to ensure that Speedstar would have the proper motivation to win the Platform Classic and its 100,000 credit prize money, the Gang took Speedstar's mechanic Oplock hostage, only returning him after Speedstar had paid his debt with his winnings.
Confronting Han Solo
- "Bala-Tik. What's the problem?"
"The problem is we loaned you 50,000 for this job."
- ―Han Solo and Bala-Tik
The Guavian Death Gang and their negotiator Bala-Tik encountered Han Solo and Chewbacca on the freighter Eravana about thirty years after the Battle of Endor. They were accompanied by Kanjiklub when they threatened Han Solo and expressed their impatience with him and his endless excuses, after Solo delayed on repaying them the 50,000 credits he foolishly borrowed. When Bala-Tik recognized BB-8, he told Solo that the First Order was looking for the droid and for the fugitives Finn and Rey. Upon hearing this, Rey thought of activating the blast doors on either side of Han and Chewbacca to trap both the gangs, but she activated the wrong doors, releasing the three rathtars Han Solo was keeping on his freighter instead. The rathtars devoured most of the Guavian Death Gang and Kanjiklub, leaving only Bala-Tik and possibly a few other soldiers. During the battle, Han Solo and Chewbacca escaped on the Millennium Falcon with BB-8, Rey, and Finn. Bala-Tik then contacted the First Order and told them that BB-8 was on the Millennium Falcon.
During the war between the First Order and the Resistance, the Colossus intruded into Guavian Death Space while hiding from the First Order, and as such was involved in a skirmish against Guavian starships, although the Colossus managed to escape after the Ace Squadron engaged the Guavian fighter ships.
Behind the scenes
The Guavian Death Gang was developed for the saga film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (Mentioned only)
- Poe Dameron: Free Fall
- Before the Awakening (Mentioned only)
- Poe Dameron 9
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Platform Classic"
- Join the Resistance: Escape from Vodran (Mentioned only)
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure (First mentioned)
- Forces of Destiny: The Rey Chronicles (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens Adaptation 2
- The Force Awakens Adaptation 3
- Han & Chewie Return!
- Star Wars Resistance – "Kaz's Curse"
- Star Wars Adventures: Flight of the Falcon
- Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge
- "Black Spire: Return to a Shattered Planet"—Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel (Indirect mention only)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Hunting for Han"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Rey Strikes Back"
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens