- "I like this plan."
"No one cares what you think."
- ―Gume Saam and Nix Card
Gume Saam was a male Ishi Tib senator who represented Tibrin in the Galactic Senate of the Republic during the Clone Wars. He was also a member of the group opposing Supreme Chancellor Palpatine's growing power. During the war, he was affiliated with the Techno Union and swayed toward the interests of the Confederacy of Independent Systems.
- "I know some people who could do something about her."
- ―Gume Saam, speaking of Padmé Amidala
During the Separatist Crisis, several systems began to split off from the Republic and joined with Count Dooku in the year 24 BBY. This led to increasing tensions between the Republic and the growing Separatist movement, eventually resulting in the formation of the Grand Army of the Republic, consisting of clone troopers bred on Kamino.
As a Senator, Gume Saam tried to push through a bill that would deregulate the banks, allowing the InterGalactic Banking Clan to open new lines of credit without the approval of the Galactic Senate. During the vote for the bill, the Confederate General Grievous launched an attack on a prominent Coruscant power generator. The attack was confirmed as a Separatist attack, and Saam was able to pass the bill.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Heroes on Both Sides"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (Mentioned only) (Tokyo only)
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Gume Saam)
- "Ask Lobot"—Star Wars Insider 101
- The Unknown Regions
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Episode Guide