- "When in trouble, Gungans go to sacred place."
- ―Jar Jar Binks
The Gungan Sacred Place, also known simply as the Sacred Place, was an ancient monument built by the Elders of Naboo north of the Lianorm Swamp. It became sacred to the Gungans, a sanctuary for troubled times. During the Trade Federation's invasion of Naboo, Queen Padmé Amidala was guided there by Jar Jar Binks to meet Boss Nass, and together they formulated a plan to retake their homeworld. After the Battle of Naboo, the Gungans took their fallen warriors to the sacred place. They invited Amidala to attend the funeral, though as there was no time the queen sent Eirtaé and Yané in her place.
- Queen's Peril (Mentioned only)
- Queen's Peril audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- The Phantom Menace Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 41 (Guide to the Galaxy: Naboo's Underwater World) (First identified as Gungan Sacred Place)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 13 (Weapons & Uniforms: The Gungan Grand Army)
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines (First identified as Sacred Place)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills (Picture only)
- "Naboo" – Star Wars Encyclopedia