- "When in trouble, Gungans go to sacred place."
- ―Jar Jar Binks
The Gungan sacred place was an ancient monument built by the Elders of Naboo north of the Lianorm Swamp. It became sacred to the Gungans, a sanctuary for troubled times. During the Trade Federation's invasion of Naboo, Queen Padmé Amidala was guided there by Jar Jar Binks to meet Boss Nass, and together they formulated a plan to retake their homeworld.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- The Phantom Menace Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines