- "That starship has a lot of firepower!"
- ―Wedge Antilles
The term gunship described a variety of vessels. The term was used for small troop deployment and attack carriers or for small capital ships. Typically heavily armed and armored, gunships were designed to break through whatever obstacles prohibited the completion of their mission. They were commonly used for troop carriers, supply relief ships, and escorts. Some were designed to carry large ground vehicles and drop them onto a battlefield. During the Clone Wars, the Republic Gunship was one of the most-used small spacecraft in the Grand Army of the Republic.
Types of gunships
Troop Carriers & Aerial Weapons Platforms
- Baktoid Fleet Ordnance HMP droid gunship (HMP)
- Haor Chall Engineering Mechanized Assault Flyer (MAF)
- KDY Amphibious Interstellar Assault Transport/infantry (AIAT/i)
- Multi-Altitude Assault Transport (MAAT)
- RHE Low Altitude Assault Transport (LAAT)
- RHE Variable Altitude Assault Transport/enforcement (VAAT/e)
- Santhe/Sienar Technologies Turbostorm-class gunship
- RHE Low Altitude Assault Transport/infantry
- Imperial Dropship Transport
- Nemesis-class gunship
- Corellian Engineering Corporation DP20 frigate
- Dornean Braha'ket Fleetworks Conglomerate Braha'tok-class gunship
- Ranger-class gunship
- Republic Engineering Corporation Warrior-class gunship
- Sith Empire Sith escort gunship
- Tempest-class gunship
- Yuuzhan Vong Uumufalh
Behind the scenes
In various Polish translations, both Gunship and Blastboat vessels are called kanonierka (Gunboat), blurring the distinction in these translations between the classification of LAAT-like ships and the GAT-12 Skipray Blastboat (a heavy starfighter).
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- "Kowakian Monkey-Lizard"
- "Giant spiders are awesome...."
- "Always count your clones before take-off"
- Old Wounds