- "The simple truth is there is not a warrior among us, Master Yoda. An armed conflict will destroy us."
- ―Gupat Roshti
Gupat Roshti was a Togruta male who served as the governor of the planet Kiros during the Clone Wars. His colony of 50,000 Togruta were kidnapped and sold into slavery after Count Dooku formed an alliance with Zygerrian slavers.
Gupat Roshti was the governor of the planet Kiros during the Clone Wars. When the Zygerrian Slave Empire, represented by Darts D'Nar, Roshti's people were kidnapped and sold as slaves. Roshti's Togrutan colony was taken over, with D'Nar setting up in the Governor's tower. Roshti pleaded for help with Count Dooku and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, the Sith Lord sent battle droids to occupy Kiros and "protect" his people. When the plight of Roshti and his people reached the Galactic Republic, Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, Padawan Ahsoka Tano, Clone Captain CT-7567 "Rex," Clone Commander CC-2224 "Cody," and clone troopers from the 501st and the 212th to help the people. However, they could not stop Roshti and his people from being taken offworld and brought to Zygerria.
On Zygerria, the Togrutans were auctioned off. Although the Jedi had pursued Roshti and his people to help free them, their attempt to set them free during the auction was foiled by the Queen of Zygerria, Miraj Scintel, and her royal guard. Roshti, now joined by Kenobi and Rex in servitude, were transported to the slave processing facility on Kadavo.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Kidnapped" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 37 (Helmets: AT-RT Drivers) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Character Encyclopedia - Join the Battle! (First identified as Gupat)