- "My name is my own business, and my business, is taking what's ours."
- ―Gwarm, to Sugi
Gwarm was a male Weequay pirate who was second in command of the Ohnaka Gang, led by Hondo Ohnaka, that was active during the Clone Wars. During the reign of the Galactic Empire, Gwarm formed and lead his own gang.
Biography[edit | edit source]
In 21 BBY, Gwarm was a member of Captain Hondo Ohnaka's gang of pirates and his lieutenant. He, Captain Ohnaka, and their fellow pirates traveled to Felucia. There, they attempted to extort a portion of nysillin from the Felucian farmers of Akira. Upon their arrival at the village, Gwarm and the pirates ran into several bounty hunters under Sugi and 3 Jedi under Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. After Ohnaka failed in bribing the bounty hunters, Gwarm and the pirates attacked the village, meeting stiff resistance from the Jedi, bounty hunters and the farmers. During the fight, Gwarm saw Captain Ohnaka hanging from a cliff at the mercy of Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker. Gwarm called for a retreat, rescued Ohnaka, and left Felucia empty handed.
In 20 BBY, Gwarm and the pirates raided the Crucible that was filled with Jedi younglings in order to steal their kyber crystals. Following their capture of Padawan Ahsoka Tano and the younglings subsequent rescue of Tano, Gwarm pursued them. Unfortunately, after Gwarm captured Tano and the younglings, he saw that Hondo's complex had been occupied by the Separatist Droid Army under General Grievous. Tano and the younglings were able to convince Gwarm to join forces in order rescue Ohnaka and escape Florrum. Together, they were able to find a ship in Ohnaka's secret vault and leave aboard Slave I. They then met up with General Kenobi aboard his new flagship.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty Hunters" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Test of Strength"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bound for Rescue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond"
- "Almost a Jedi"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark
- "Droid Hunters"—Star Wars Adventures Free Comic Book Day 2019 (Appears in flashback(s))
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (Picture only)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition