The HAVw A6 Juggernaut, more commonly known as the Juggernaut, the clone turbo tank, or simply the turbo tank, was a heavily armed and armored ten-wheeled tank manufactured by Kuat Drive Yards. They were used as military transports by the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. Following the Galactic Republic's transition into the Galactic Empire, the A6 was succeeded by the HCVw A9 turbo tank by 0 BBY.
The HAVw A6 Juggernaut, also referred to as the clone turbo tank, turbo tank, or simply Juggernaut, was a ten-wheeled armored tank that was manufactured by Kuat Drive Yards for use by the Galactic Republic. It was designed to cross over any terrain without difficulty and absorb enemy fire without loss of function. It measured at 49.4 meters in length, could reach speeds of 160 kilometers per hour, and was equipped with an assortment of weapons including anti-personnel laser cannons, a heavy laser turret, projectile launchers, and a dorsal repeating laser. The repeating laser was manned by a clone gunner from an exterior hatch.
The HAVw A6 Juggernaut was crewed by twelve, and had a passenger capacity of 300 clone troopers. The HAVw A6 Juggernaut had a cockpit on both ends and was also equipped a medical bay and storage areas for small support vehicles.
An HAVw A6 Juggernaut was deployed at the first battle of Felucia during the Clone Wars against the Separatist Alliance. During the battle, Jedi Commander Ahsoka Tano's Juggernaut was accompanied by two AT-TEs, on a jungle patrol. Under the leadership of Padawan Tano, the tanks pushed forward against a large Separatist force, and she believed that the droids were in full retreat, when in actually they were regrouping to overwhelm Republic forces. LAAT/i gunships arrived from the 104th Battalion to evacuate Republic forces on Felucia, and after evacuating Jedi Generals Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi and their forces, they headed to Tano's position. Tano refused to retreat, believing that they were winning over the Separatist forces. Skywalker ordered that the gunships land in front of the Juggernaut and Republic forces, in order to evacuate the clone troopers and convince Tano to retreat from the engagement. After Tano and her troopers evacuated and were airborne, Tano looked on to see her Juggernaut explode in a fiery destruction, which also destroyed the nearby Republic vehicles.
The HAVw A6 Juggernaut again saw action on Felucia during another battle against Separatist forces. During the attack, at least two Juggernauts accompanied AT-TE walkers as they bombarded a Separatist outpost. Juggernauts were also used on the Republic capital of Coruscant and could be seen deployed at the Republic Center for Military Operations. Several HAVw A6 Juggernauts were utilized extensively in the Battle of Kashyyyk alongside AT-APs, AT-RTs, and Infantry Support Platforms, where they faced against Separatist NR-N99 tank droids and DSD1 dwarf spider droids.
Due to its success in being effective, the HAVw A6 Juggernaut was utilized by the Galactic Empire, the successor of the Galactic Republic. By 0 BBY, the HAWv A6 Juggernaut was replaced by the HCVw A9 turbo tank.
Behind the scenesEdit
The HAVw A6 Juggernaut first appeared in Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith released in 2005. The Juggernaut originated from a concept of a ten-wheeled tank used by the Empire during the Battle of Hoth by Joe Johnston for Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back before the AT-AT walkers were chosen over tanks. George Lucas later revisited this design when seeking to bridge the designs of the original and prequel trilogies. Unlike the original concept, the HAVw A6 was made larger and was better armored.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lost One"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Tarkin (Wreckage only)
- (First identified as clone turbo tank)
- (Picture only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as HAVw A6 Juggernaut) (First identified as turbo tank) (First identified as Juggernaut)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Set: 75151 Clone Turbo Tank)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Collapse of the Republic
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- ↑ Collapse of the Republic
- ↑ Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide