The HH-12 rocket launcher was a model of black-colored missile launcher used by the Special Forces of the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War against the Galactic Empire. In the year 0 BBY, the Rogue One special forces unit brought HH-12s with them on their mission to steal the plans for the Empire's Death Star superweapon from the Citadel Tower on the planet Scarif. The former Guardians of the Whills, Baze Malbus, appropriated one of the launchers to use on an All Terrain Armored Cargo Transport attacking Alliance forces, but the weapon was not strong enough to penetrate the walker's armor.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The HH-12 rocket launcher first appeared as a prop in the 2016 film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. The weapon was not named in the film but received identification in Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide, a reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo and released alongside the film.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as HH-12 rocket launcher)
- Star Wars: Legion – Legion Core Set (Card: ) (Reissued in Stormtroopers Unit Expansion)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary