- "Oh, goodness…the empty shell of a Guardian Droid! I haven't seen one of them in ages! It's a pity they're no longer in service…their armor was quite impervious to laser fire!"
"Yes, Artoo…and when they realized nothing could harm them…they were a bit difficult to control!"
- ―C-3PO and R2-D2 discuss the HK Guardian Droid
The HK Guardian Droid was a model of droid whose superior armor was almost impervious to blaster fire. After realizing this, they became difficult to control and ultimately contributed to the common prejudice against droids. HKs were no longer in service by the early years of the Galactic Empire.
When Lonn Idd's repair station was under attack by the Fromm Gang, the protocol droid C-3PO donned the aged shell of an HK Guardian Droid stored in a spare parts storage room, allowing him to survive a group of hover guards' light stunning blasters and destroy the sentry droids.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Droids 2: The Ultimate Weapon (First appearance) (Shell only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- "Cynabar's Droid Datalog"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 14 (As Guardian Droid)
- (First identified as HK Guardian Droid)