The HWK-290 freighter was a model of freighter that existed during the reign of the Galactic Empire that could be flown by a single pilot and had life support. Gamut Key, the Imperial-appointed provincial governor of the planet Kaller, owned a HWK-290. Originally manufactured without weapons, numerous HWK-290s were outfitted by the Alliance to Restore the Republic to drop incendiary bombs during the Undead Troopers invasion, which made them effective against infantry targets. One HWK-290 freighter was being held at the Imperial Impound Yard on Novka when it was attacked by several rebels.
Behind the scenesEdit
The HWK-290 freighter first appeared in the new Star Wars canon in "The Sickness," a time-limited campaign featured in Star Wars: Commander, a mobile game published by Disney Interactive that was released on August 21, 2014. It was originally created for Star Wars: Dark Forces, a 1995 Star Wars Legends First-Person Shooter developed by and published by LucasArts.
- Kanan 12: First Blood, Epilogue: The Ties That Bind
- Star Wars: Commander (First appearance)
- Star Wars 61: The Escape, Part VI
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars: Commander
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Kanan 12: First Blood, Epilogue: The Ties That Bind
- ↑ Kanan 6: The Last Padawan, Epilogue: Haunt
- ↑ Star Wars 61: The Escape, Part VI
- ↑ Limited Early Access Unveiled for 'Star Wars:Commander,' a New Combat Strategy Game for Mobile Devices on Disney Interactive's Tumblr
- ↑ Star Wars: Dark Forces