Major Haash'n was a Mon Calamari male from the Outer Rim world of Dac. After his homeworld was subjugated by the Galactic Empire, he joined the Alliance to Restore the Republic, motivated by a dream to pilot Star Cruisers. In 4 ABY, he was stationed aboard the flagship of the Alliance Fleet, the MC80 Home One type Star Cruiser Home One. He stood behind several Alliance leaders as they gave a briefing on how the Rebels would attempt to destroy the Empire's second Death Star superweapon. Haash'n went on to serve on Home One in the battle, which resulted in an Alliance victory.
In 4 ABY, Haash'n was aboard the MC80 Home One type Star Cruiser Home One, flagship of the Alliance Fleet, serving as a major. He was among several Mon Calamari and Humans who stood behind Supreme Commander Mon Mothma, Admiral Gial Ackbar, and General Crix Madine of the Alliance High Command as they briefed an audience of Rebels on how they would go about destroying the Empire's second Death Star. After the briefing, Home One traveled to the Endor system, and Haash'n served aboard the Star Cruiser in the ensuing battle. The Alliance subsequently won the engagement, destroying the Death Star and killing Emperor Palpatine. Haash'n's name meant nimble.
Personality and traits
Skills and abilities
Behind the scenes
Haash'n first appeared in the 1983 original trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, where the character was portrayed by a female extra. The scenes on Home One were filmed throughout the week of Tuesday, February 16, 1982. The scenes were lengthy to film due to complications with the lighting associated with the hologram of the Death Star.
Haash'n was first identified on a card in the Death Star II Limited expansion pack for the Star Wars Customizable Card Game, released in 2000. An image of Haash'n and other Mon Calamari from Return of the Jedi was reused to depict the Mon Calamari Regiment's troops in the 1998 video game Star Wars: Rebellion, albeit with the background swapped. However, no connection was made between those Mon Calamari and Haash'n.
- The Essential Guide to Characters (Picture only)
- The Rebel Alliance Scrapbook (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Major Haash'n) (backup link) (First identified as Haash'n)
- (Picture only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Making of Return of the Jedi (Picture only)
Notes and references
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 4 ("Haash'n, Major") states that the Mon Calamari Haash'n's homeworld was subjugated by the Empire. Since states that Dac, the Mon Calamari homeworld, was subjugated by the Empire, this article assumes that Haash'n's homeworld was Dac.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Major Haash'n) (backup link)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 4 ("Haash'n, Major")
- The New Essential Chronology dates the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, which include the appearance of Haash'n, to 4 ABY.
- Galactic Campaign Guide
- The Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars: Rebellion