- "Please forgive the deception—Admiral Hacklin remains Darth Angral's faithful servant. His name simply made this meeting convenient."
Hacklin was a male admiral of the Imperial Navy and a loyal ally of Darth Angral, a Sith Lord of the resurgent Sith Empire during the Cold War with the Galactic Republic. After the Admiral encountered the Jedi Padawan Kira Carsen when the woman was captured by Angral's forces, Hacklin was impersonated by the Child of the Emperor Valis in order to lure Carsen and her Master into a trap on an abandoned mining facility.
Biography[edit | edit source]
- "One of Darth Angral's closest advisors—Admiral Hacklin—asked us for asylum. He wants to defect."
"Hacklin was with Angral when he interrogated me on Ord Mantell. They seemed chummy. What changed?"
"Not sure, but the admiral is on the run. There are unconfirmed reports Hacklin's earned a death mark."
- ―General Suthra and Kira Carsen
A male admiral in the Navy of the Sith Empire during the Cold War with the Galactic Republic, Hacklin was an adviser to, and ally of, the Sith Lord Darth Angral. In 3643 BBY, Hacklin accompanied the Sith to the Ord Mantell Orbital Station when Angral's spies identified Jedi Padawan Kira Carsen's presence on the space station. Angral, who was searching for Carsen's Master in an effort to avenge the death of his son, Tarnis, interrogated Carsen with Hacklin and Inquisitor Ferav, though Carsen managed to trick the trio into believing the Jedi Knight was on Corellia. Hacklin and Angral departed the station in order to oversee the installation of the Desolator superweapon onto Angral's warship, the Oppressor.
Not long afterward, the Child of the Emperor Valis used Hacklin's name to draw out Carsen—who was a former Child herself—and her Master in an attempt to capture her. Valis, impersonating Hacklin, contacted Republic General Var Suthra and claimed that he wanted to defect, asking for a meeting with the Knight and Carsen. He also instigated rumors that the Admiral had earned a death mark in order to lend credence to the lead. When the Knight and Carsen arrived at the abandoned mining facility in the Unknown Regions that Suthra had selected, Valis informed the pair that Hacklin remained very loyal to the Empire and Angral before apologizing for the deception.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Hacklin was created for Star Wars: The Old Republic, a video game released by BioWare on December 20, 2011. He is first mentioned in the Jedi Knight class mission "New Intelligence," but he is not named until "The Defector," in which the Child of the Emperor Valis uses Hacklin's name to draw out Kira Carsen and the player.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "The Defector" on Czerka Facility
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. places
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "New Intelligence" on Ord Mantell