- "Please forgive the deception—Admiral Hacklin remains Darth Angral's faithful servant. His name simply made this meeting convenient."
Hacklin was a male admiral of the Imperial Navy and a loyal ally of Darth Angral, a Sith Lord of the resurgent Sith Empire during the Cold War with the Galactic Republic. After the Admiral encountered the Jedi Padawan Kira Carsen when the woman was captured by Angral's forces, Hacklin was impersonated by the Child of the Emperor Valis in order to lure Carsen and her Master into a trap on an abandoned mining facility.
- "One of Darth Angral's closest advisors—Admiral Hacklin—asked us for asylum. He wants to defect."
"Hacklin was with Angral when he interrogated me on Ord Mantell. They seemed chummy. What changed?"
"Not sure, but the admiral is on the run. There are unconfirmed reports Hacklin's earned a death mark."
- ―General Suthra and Kira Carsen
A male admiral in the Navy of the Sith Empire during the Cold War with the Galactic Republic, Hacklin was an adviser to, and ally of, the Sith Lord Darth Angral. In 3643 BBY, Hacklin accompanied the Sith to the Ord Mantell Orbital Station when Angral's spies identified Jedi Padawan Kira Carsen's presence on the space station. Angral, who was searching for Carsen's Master in an effort to avenge the death of his son, Tarnis, interrogated Carsen with Hacklin and Inquisitor Ferav, though Carsen managed to trick the trio into believing the Jedi Knight was on Corellia. Hacklin and Angral departed the station in order to oversee the installation of the Desolator superweapon onto Angral's warship, the Oppressor.
Not long afterward, the Child of the Emperor Valis used Hacklin's name to draw out Carsen—who was a former Child herself—and her Master in an attempt to capture her. Valis, impersonating Hacklin, contacted Republic General Var Suthra and claimed that he wanted to defect, asking for a meeting with the Knight and Carsen. He also instigated rumors that the Admiral had earned a death mark in order to lend credence to the lead. When the Knight and Carsen arrived at the abandoned mining facility in the Unknown Regions that Suthra had selected, Valis informed the pair that Hacklin remained very loyal to the Empire and Angral before apologizing for the deception.
Behind the scenesEdit
Hacklin was created for Star Wars: The Old Republic, a video game released by BioWare on December 20, 2011. He is first mentioned in the Jedi Knight class mission "New Intelligence," but he is not named until "The Defector," in which the Child of the Emperor Valis uses Hacklin's name to draw out Kira Carsen and the player.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "The Defector" on Czerka Facility
- ↑ Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Old Republic: Annihilation, and "The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom"—Star Wars Insider 137, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "New Intelligence" on Ord Mantell