Hakin was a Human male native of the planet Alderaan during the Galactic Civil War. A skiff racer, Hakin joined the Alliance to Restore the Republic shortly before the Battle of Yavin in the year 0 BBY. That year, Hakin, who had become a corporal, was stationed aboard the Rebel CR90 corvette Tantive IV during its attack by the Imperial I-class Star Destroyer Devastator.
Hakin, a Human male, was a native of the planet Alderaan and a skiff racer who lived during the Galactic Civil War. He joined the Alliance to Restore the Republic shortly before the Battle of Yavin in the year 0 BBY, eventually becoming a corporal. That year, Hakin was among the Rebel troopers stationed aboard the Alderaanian Senator Leia Organa's CR90 corvette, the Tantive IV. Rebel spies transmitted the stolen plans of the Galactic Empire's DS-1 Orbital Battle Station superweapon to the vessel, leading to its pursuit and overtaking by the Dark Lord Darth Vader's personal flagship, the Imperial I-class Star Destroyer Devastator. Hakin and the rest of the Rebel troopers unsuccessfully attempted to defend the ship from the invading stormtroopers.
Personality and traits
Hakin had light skin, brown hair, and blue eyes. During his time aboard the Tantive IV, he sported a thin mustache and wore a typical Rebel trooper uniform. Due to his skiff-racing experience, Hakin knew how to bargain on the black market, a skill valued by the Rebel Alliance. Hakin wielded a DH-17 blaster pistol.
Behind the scenes
- Jedi Knights Trading Card Game – Premiere (Card: Corporal Hakin • Former Skiff Racer) (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and references
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 7 ("Hakin")
- Jedi Knights Trading Card Game – Premiere (Card: Corporal Hakin • Former Skiff Racer)
- The New Essential Chronology dates the Battle of Tatooine to 0 BBY.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- The Rebel Alliance Sourcebook includes a depiction of the standard Alliance Fleet trooper uniforms, which matches the outfit worn by Hakin.