Hakotei was a terrestrial astronomical object home to the Presagers of Hakotei, a ritualistic society who sacrificed millions of individuals in attempts to be given visions of the future. The Presagers were thought to be extinct during the era of the Galactic Republic, but several remained hidden on the planet Asusto in the galaxy's Outer Rim, led by the Priestess, an insectoid alien. However, the last surviving coven of the Presagers were inadvertently killed by the Jedi Padawan Dooku, who they had attempted to capture and sacrifice sometime around 82 BBY.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Hakotei was first mentioned in the 2019 audiobook Dooku: Jedi Lost, written by Cavan Scott. Dooku: Jedi Lost was released as an audio-only story, and therefore the spelling of Hakotei was unconfirmed until the release of the comic story "Droid Hunters," also written by Scott and published by IDW Publishing in Star Wars Adventures Free Comic Book Day 2019 on May 4, 2019. The script release of Dooku: Jedi Lost later used the same spelling.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Dooku: Jedi Lost (First mentioned) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Dooku: Jedi Lost script (Mentioned only) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars Adventures Free Comic Book Day 2019 (Mentioned only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Adventures Free Comic Book Day 2019
- Dooku: Jedi Lost
- Dooku: Jedi Lost script
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know gives the age of Dooku at the time of the First Battle of Geonosis as eighty years old. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Geonosis to 22 BBY, placing Dooku's birth year in 102 BBY. The script of Dooku: Jedi Lost states that Dooku is twenty years old during the mission to Asusto, meaning that the mission must have occurred in 82 BBY.
- Star Wars Adventures: Tales from Vader's Castle 1
- FCBD 2019 Star Wars Adventures Droid Hunters. Free Comic Book Day. Diamond Comic Distributors. Archived from the original on December 21, 2018. Retrieved on January 19, 2020.