- "The Halcyon starcruiser is the jewel of the Chandrila Star Line. Onboard the 100-cabin Corellian MPO-1400 model starcruiser, you'll voyage to the far reaches of the galaxy in legendary comfort and style. Recently refurbished and reoutfitted, the starcruiser combines modern conveniences with the romance of the age of exploration."
- ―Chandrila Star Line
The Halcyon was a passenger liner owned by Chandrila Star Line. Being an MPO-1400 model, manufactured by the Corellian Engineering Corporation, and belonging to the family of Purgill-class starcruisers, the Halcyon was distinguished as the "jewel" of the cruise liner company.
The Halcyon was propelled by an array of 13 engine units, whilst also possessing a ventral hanger bay, similar to that of the infamous Imperial line of Star Destroyers. The vessel possessed a pair of docking rings, along the port and starboard sides of its spine, in addition to two of both sides of its bow, which were designated for Launch Pod Docks. The docks onboard, equipped with airlocks, would accept the passengers of the multiple Launch Pods from a planet-bound terminal, as they rendezvous with the Star Cruiser. Another set of docks, referred to as Transport Docks, were designated for transport shuttles docking with the starship. During 34 ABY, transport shuttles belonging to the Batuu Transport Company would service the passengers aboard the Halcyon, by taking individuals to the Batuu hub of Black Spire Outpost during denoted excursion periods.
The romantic age of exploration
The ship was constructed 275 years before the First Order-Resistance War. Its construction was overseen by Shug Drabor at the Santhe Shipyards in Coronet City on Corellia. The vessel underwent its maiden voyage to Batuu. Within its tenth year of operation, the ship was rescued from Nihil pirates by Nib Assek and her Padawan Burry. The ship's Lightsaber Training Pod was built in their honor.
New Republic Era
A neo-Imperial crisis
By the time of the Battle of Batuu, the ship was commanded by Captain Riyola Keevan, and a note posted in Oga's Cantina in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu advertising a mechanic position on board the starship directed all applicants to contact Keevan. The job listing stated that applicants would need experience working on MPO-1400s and that the ability to speak Shyriiwook would be beneficial.
- Deck 1: Hangar Bay, Engine Systems Access, Carbon-freezing Chamber
- Deck 2: Escape Pods, Trash Compactors, Creature Holding Bays
- Deck 3: Lower Airlock, Droid Maintenance, Crew Offices
- Deck 4:
- Deck 5: Passenger Cabins
- Deck 6: Atrium, Lounge, Bridge, The Chandrila Collection, Launch Pod Dock, Service Desk
- Deck 7: Passenger Cabins
- Deck 8: Atrium Mezzanine, Crew Quarters, Airlock Turbolifts, Loader Cargo Bays, Weapon Systems
- Deck 9: Upper Airlock, Crew Turbolifts, Service Access
- Deck 10-13: Comms Deck, Equipment Access, Navigation Deck
Behind the scenes
The Halcyon is the setting of the immersive Disney hotel Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser at the Walt Disney World Resort. It was first revealed at D23 Expo 2019. It was designed by Christian Alzmann. The starcruiser first appeared in the 2022 junior novel The High Republic: Mission to Disaster, written by Justina Ireland.
- The High Republic: Mission to Disaster (First appearance)
- The High Republic: Mission to Disaster audiobook
- The High Republic: Midnight Horizon (Mentioned only)
- The High Republic: Midnight Horizon audiobook (Mentioned only)
- The High Republic 12 (In flashback(s))
- The High Republic: The Battle for Starlight
- The Princess and the Scoundrel
- Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge – Last Call (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—BSO 401.72 (First mentioned, simultaneous with Oga's Cantina)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—Oga's Cantina (Mentioned only)
- Halcyon Legacy 1
- Halcyon Legacy 2
- Halcyon Legacy 3
- Halcyon Legacy 4
- Halcyon Legacy 5
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser
Notes and references
- The High Republic: Mission to Disaster
- Star Wars: Datapad (Galactic Starcruiser)
- "D23 Expo 2019 - Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Panel"
- (Fact 12)
- Halcyon Legacy 1
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser. Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser features the Skywalker lightsaber after its reconstruction, and places it before the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker. places both of these in 35 ABY, meaning that Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser takes place in the same year. Therefore, the Halcyon was built 275 years before 35 ABY, or 240 BBY. establishes that the Halcyon was built 275 years before the events of
- Halcyon Legacy 2
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—Oga's Cantina
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser welcome video
- The High Republic: Mission to Disaster takes place shortly before The High Republic: The Fallen Star. The High Republic: The Fallen Star features the Destruction of Starlight Beacon, which dates to 230 BBY.