Sometime before 15 BBY, it was the site of the Holowan Massacre, in which the four IG-88 model assassin droids and one IG-72 murdered the entire complement of Project Phlutdroid personnel immediately after activation. They broke free of the lab and blasted away from the planet to begin their Droid Revolution.
Halowan was also home to the trans-system data storage library, an information repository containing information on, among other things, star systems throughout the galaxy. After his service at Echo Base ended in 3 ABY, Alliance to Restore the Republic historian Voren Na'al visited the library, compiling a good deal of background information on the Hoth system and on the geography of Hoth for his records. Shortly after the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY, Na'al was dispatched to Halowan in order to infiltrate the Imperial data storage facilities and attempt to compile a report on the Imperial command structure at Endor. Na'al deceived Imperial security forces into allowing him access to restricted files by posing as a special agent of Fakir sector Moff Lorin. After one day of research, Na'al had finished his report and rejoined the Alliance Fleet.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back
- Galaxy Guide 5: Return of the Jedi
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters
- Galaxy Guide 5: Return of the Jedi, Second Edition
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Reader's Companion