- "There were no survivors on Devaron. Everyone was killed, including Master Halsey and his Padawan."
- ―Boss, reporting on the fate of Halsey and Knox
Halsey, a Roonan male, was a Jedi Master who served during the Clone Wars. In 21 BBY, Halsey was present in the Jedi Temple war room, watching a hologram of Jedi Master Eeth Koth getting tortured.
In 20 BBY, Halsey and his Padawan Knox were dispatched to the Temple of Eedit on the planet Devaron to defend it from the Confederacy of Independent Systems' Droid Army. However, Separatist leader Count Dooku's new apprentice, arrived mid-battle, slaughtering the Republic clone troopers defending the temple. With only the Jedi and Opress remaining, Halsey told his Padawan to stay back and engaged the Zabrak warrior. During the duel, Opress caught Halsey's hand, forcing him to drop his lightsaber. In the melee combat that ensued, the Jedi Master was outmatched by his opponent and Opress stabbed him with his spear. In an attempt to avenge Halsey, Knox charged at Opress, only to be thrown against the temple gates by the Zabrak. With the Jedi and the clone troopers dead, Opress reported to Dooku about the success of his mission.
In the aftermath of the battle, Halsey's and Knox's bodies were brought back to the Jedi Temple on the planet Coruscant. As clone commando "Boss" reported on the fate of the Jedi, Jedi Master Adi Gallia remarked that the deaths seemed like a work of late Separatist assassin Asajj Ventress. Plo Koon speculated that a new Sith Lord may be behind the murders, with Obi-Wan Kenobi commenting on the brutality of the killings. As the Jedi reviewed security holograms from Devaron, they learned that the assassin hailed from Dathomir, prompting a mission to find Opress.
Personality and traitsEdit
Powers and abilitiesEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Halsey first appeared as a background character in "Grievous Intrigue," the ninth episode of the second season of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series. He was given a bigger role in "Monster," the tenth episode of the third season.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Monster"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Witches of the Mist" (Appears in hologram)
- (Indirect mention only)
- (First identified as Halsey)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Three
- (Picture only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 In "Heroes on Both Sides," Mina Bonteri states that her husband was killed during a battle on Aargonar that occurred at least one year prior. As a result, the events of "Heroes on Both Sides" take place at least one year into the Clone Wars. Since places "Monster" after "Heroes on Both Sides," it can be concluded that "Monster" also takes place at least one year into the war.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Monster"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Witches of the Mist"